Sunday, February 15, 2015

Promise.

You promised me things, a lot.
You promised me that you can be trusted.
You promised me that you'll try your best to be honest all the time
You promised me that this time, I will see you as a guy I really deserve.

I appreciate it, I really do.
Because you showed me that you're willing to be a better person for me.
But somehow I feel bad at the same time.
Because I won't promise those things in return, my dear.
Because I'm afraid I couldn't keep them.
And in the end, those promises will only become bunch of empty words that might hurt you instead.

What I can promise you for now is time.
Time to get to know each other further and better.
So let's play this safe— slow and steady,
and most importantly, certain.

I know, we both might have promised 'forever' to our former loved ones,
and either way we have long forgotten about it, or we have simply given up on that overrated idea.
So let's not talk about 'forever'.
How about 'tomorrow' first?

Tomorrow, I'd love to read 'good morning' text from you when I wake up.
Tomorrow, I'd love to see a pair of your beautiful eyes, perfectly framed with those thick eyebrows.
Tomorrow, I'd love to see your radiant smile, hear your silly chuckles, and gasp to your lovely body scent.
Tomorrow, I'd love to give my hands to you, let them to be touched and caressed by you.
Tomorrow, I'd love to sit next to you, talk about stuffs, or just comfortably share silence together.
Because in the end, what we really have is tomorrow.

And tomorrow I will love you better, eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment